Alec BaldwinNearly a month later, he turned his phone over to New Mexico police issued a search warrant for the deviceAs part of an investigation into fatal shooting on the set of the film “Rust” in October.
The Santa Fe District Attorney’s Office told ABC News on Friday it was in possession of Baldwin’s phone ― one day after the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office issued a statementIt was stated that the phone hadn’t been returned yet.
Police stated that they will examine text messages from the phone in the course of their investigation into the shooting. The warrant also states that they want photos, videos, email, web browser history, GPS data, and other information.
In an Instagram post last weekendBaldwin claimed that Baldwin was trying to get the telephone back as soon as possible. Ensure that his confidential communications are protected
“Any suggestion that I am not complying with requests or orders, or search warrants about my phone, that’s bullshit. That’s a lie,” Baldwin said in the nearly five-minute clip.
“It’s a process that takes time. You have to tell them exactly what you want. They just can’t go through your phone and take, you know, your photos or your love letters to your wife or whatever,” Baldwin said. “But, of course, we are 1,000% going to comply with all that. We’re, you know, perfectly fine with that.”
Baldwin discharged a “prop firearm” on the set of the movie, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounding director Joel Souza.
The actor told ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos last month he had “no idea” how a live bulletIt made it to the set of film.
“I’m holding the gun where she told me to hold it, where it’s meant to be aimed right below her armpit,” Baldwin said during the interview. “I take the gun and I start to cock the gun, I’m not going to pull the trigger. I let go of the hammer of the gun and the gun goes off.”
Investigators have described “some complacency”a description of how the weapons were used on-set, however it is too early to know if charges will be brought.