Missing Chinese tennis star Peng ShuaiThe International Olympic Committee has confirmed that she has been in touch with her and given assurances, according to the sport association. The news follows growing global concern about the three-time Olympian’s whereabouts.
Peng had disappeared from public sightThe player of tennis was accused of sexual assault by a former Chinese official earlier in the month. The 30-minute video chat revealed that the tennis player claimed she’s safe and sound at her Beijing home, however, her privacy would be appreciated. IOC said in a statement.
“She appeared to be relaxed,” Emma Terho, chair of the IOC Athletes’ Commission, said in a statement after participating in the video call. “I offered her our support and to stay in touch at any time of her convenience, which she obviously appreciated.”
The IOC, which is based in Switzerland, appeared to share a photo of Peng smiling while participating in Sunday’s call.
According to Peng, he had previously accused Zhang Gaoli, Vice Premier of China, of making her have sex at the home. screenshots of a since-deletedSocial media posts from the verified Weibo microblog, Nov.
In a sign of government rapid censoring, the post was removed within minutes. Weibo users couldn’t search her account and comment on other posts. In the time since, she hadn’t been publicly seen or heard from.